In this excursion you will visit both some evocative places of the volcano both the famous Alcantara Gorges. At morning you will visit the secondary craters in button hole, the most recent lava flows (if you choose the excursion in jeep also the caldera of Valle del Bove) and a lava cave with helmet and torches. At half day we will stop to a etnean refuge where it will come offered a reinforced aperitif on basis of typical products. At afternoon we will move to Valle dell’Alcantara to admire basalt columns and the volcanic canyon where it will be possible to dip into the icy waters of the river.
Note: we raccomend this tour for children min. 7 years old.
Highlight of the tour
- The bleak lava fields of ancient and recent lava flows
- Pioneer and endemic vegetation of lava flows
- Touristic places destroyed by eruptions
- Lateral craters extinct in button hole
- The majestic caldera of Valle del Bove
- A lava cave
- The Lunar landscapes at 2000 meters
- Etnean products tasting: honey, liqueurs, etc.
Period and time
The excursion takes place from April to October, on standards days of: Monday, Wednesday and Friday. In other days it is possible to ask the same excursion in exclusive formula.
Departure time 8,45 from our meeting point – Return estimated 18,30
Gymnastic or hiking shoes (on basis of the itinerary choosen), windbreaker jacket or sweatshirt, water. Recommended: swimsuit and beach towel and non-slip shoes.
Our services can be customized to your requests and needs.